Well, that was the best Golden Globes ceremony in recent memory. Quick run down of the highlights, shall we?
* Meryl Streep looked like crap on a stick. Seriously. I can handle the short dress trend if I must, but Meryl! NO. Not on you. That looked like something Carrie Bradshaw would wear to an evening funeral. Horrible. *shivers*
* I noticed on the Red Carpet that Jude Law told Joan he was there "with my friend Simon." Simon looked a heck of a lot like Sienna Miller, no? She's a man, baby! Yeah!
* Tim Robbins won. He didn't talk too long or say anything to lessen my enjoyment of the evening. Bonus points go to him because I just watched "The Hudsucker Proxy" the other night, and as obnoxious as I find Tim Robbin the "Activist," I adore Tim Robbins the Actor. ADORE. And I usually have a hard time separating my personal opinion of an actor from his/her professional ability. I'm talking at you, Gwyneth.
* The Talented and Fabulous Patricia Clarkson did not win. *sigh* That person I don't like very much did, looking better than she has in years. The Bridget Jones weight wears well on her, IMHO. Just wish her skirt hadn't called in sick...
* Mary-Louise's breasts. That was awesome. I just wish she had thanked that Rat Bastard for leaving her single and fabulous in a room full of handsome men. Bite me, Billy!
* Didn't love The Kief losing, but I couldn't begrudge LaPaglia. Anyway, "24" winning Best Drama more than made up for any lingering disappointment I felt. All those handsome mens up on stage together to accept. ROWR!THUD! And could Reiko have looked anymore brilliant? It was nice to see her shine.
* I changed my mind about Amber Tamblyn deserving to win. Did y'all see her lipstick? *shakes head* She can win next year when she's not wearing something that will haunt her for the rest of her life. But we'll get to Nicole Kidman later...
* ROTK won! Yay. That wasn't really a big shock to anyone, was it? I hope not. Lost in Translation won! YAY! Now that's awesome. And did everyone else notice what a stone fox Bill Murray is? Oh yeah, ROWR!
* Charlize. Congratulations, Gorgeous! She couldn't have looked better. Yay for her.
* Best snark of the night? Goes to MrTrix. I already related this over at Snarkgasm, but as Nicole was presenting the nominees for Best Movie Actor - Drama (Russell Crowe, Tom Cruise, Ben Kingsley, Jude Law and Sean Penn), he said, "Is the award Guess which man she haven't slept with?
- HINT! It's not Ben Kingsley." That's some good snark there... But seriously, Nicole presenting an award to Russell, Jude or Tom would have made my night, even though I wouldn't particularly like to see any of them win anything. If only Ewan had done a drama. That could've been the best category EVER.
*Speaking of Nicole, I hear her next picture will be ( She-Ra Goes To Prom: )
* But of course, the really exciting event last night was "The Office" and Ricky Gervais being recognized. I cheered. Out loud. And there was also squealing and bouncing up and down on the couch. Fabulous! Perfick. Never has an award been so deserved. If you haven't seen "The Office" yet, you owe it to yourself to seek it out, especially if you've ever worked in an office environment. Check your Blockbuster, add it to your Amazon wishlist, spring for digital cable, whatever. You need to see that show.